RFID Localization Sensor | lengthw./crossw. | serial | CAN/PROFINET®
- RFID localization sensor for automation applications (s. application examples below)
- Direction of travel adjustable crosswise or lengthwise depending on application (see illustration)
- Indoor & Outdoor, IP 65
- Mounting side may be mounted directly on metal
- Reading distance 20 to 80 mm
- Max. crossing speed depending on the mounting direction 4 m/s (crosswise) respectively 6 m/s (lengthwise)
- Bus interface depending on variant CAN/CANopen® or PROFINET® (see below)
- PosiPulse when crossing the center axis in driving direction
- Serial interface serves as service interface for configuration (also for updating the antenna software) or data interface (configurable telegram contents)
- Programming of transponders
Definitions / Mounting Direction
The RFID localization sensor HG G-98820 exclusively measures the position of a passive RFID tag (transponder) relative to the center of the sensor along the Y-axis. Depending on the application (see table below), the sensor is mounted crosswise or lengthwise to the direction of travel; the mounting direction can be configured in the sensor software. The sensor and transponder are largely insensitive to dirt and moisture and can also be used in harsh environments.
As long as a transponder is in the reading range of the sensor, the relative position information of the transponder is continuously output. Its code is also output so that it can be identified. If the absolute position of the identified transponder is known, the absolute position of the sensor can be calculated from the relative measurement. When crossing the center axis in the direction of travel (see illustration below), a high-precision positioning pulse (PosiPulse) is also output.
- HG G-98820ZB: CAN/CANopen®
- HG G-98820ZC: CAN/CANopen®, stainless steel connectors
- HG G-98820YC: PROFINET®, stainless steel connectors
- Localization of AGV
In these applications, the sensor is installed crosswise to the direction of travel. The PosiPulse is triggered when the long center axis (Y-axis) is crossed.
- Localization of rail vehicles (ASC, RMG)
In these applications, the sensor is installed lengthwise to the direction of travel. The PosiPulse is triggered when the short center axis (X-axis) is crossed.
- Contact-free measurement of the displacement of workpieces
Due to the high reproducible measuring accuracy and measuring rate, contact-free length measurements can be carried out between moving or displaceable workpieces lengthwise to the direction of movement.
|Data Sheet HG G-98220ZB-C Rev. 03 (PDF)||257.15 KB||28.11.2023|
|Device Description HG G-98820ZB Rev. 11 (PDF)||3.2 MB||06.01.2023|
|Device Description HG G-98820ZA Rev. 10 (PDF)||3.97 MB||12.05.2022|
|CANopen® configuration file for HG G-98820ZBZC (EDS)||11.47 KB||23.10.2013|
|PROFINET® configuration file for HG G-98820YC (GSDML / XML file in ZIP)||4.15 KB||28.11.2023|
|EU Declaration of Conformity HG G-98820-B-C||1.2 MB||24.11.2023|