The new series of heavy goods vehicles have the ability to be fitted with various track guidance systems. Dependant upon the area of operations guide wire, transponder, satellite navigation (GPS), laser or even camera guidance systems can be used.
In addition rotary encoders are used to register the steering angle and driven route. Laser, ultrasound or radar systems are available as an optional means of detecting obstacles.
Due to the new (CAN-) controllable vehicle elements, e. g. steering cylinder, speed controller, automated gear box, brakes etc. it is possible to automate almost every vehicle with a minmal amount of alterations. The vehicle can be driven manually or automatically at any time.
Advantages in Automated Operation
- hunting of trailers
- moving of swap bodies
- loading and unloading of roll-on roll-of containers
- transportation of piece and bulk goods
- vehicles in long-term tests
- transports in an area, dangerous for personnel or transports of dangerous goods
- Vehicle set-up and possible guidance systems
- Automatic loading and unloading of roll-on roll-of containers
- Automatic coupling
- Tow truck for internal transports
- Swap trailer mover