Task: Automatic Transport of trains of barges
Realised 2005 in Berlin
- The semi-trailer automatically docks backwards at station A, two trains are manually driven into the container
- Then the truck drives to station B and docks forwards (the cab is shunted out of the way)
- The two trains leave the container and two new enter, then the truck drives back to station A
- The system consists of two trucks that pass each other at a special passing point
- The track guidance accuracy typically is at 3-5 cms, even when shunting backwards
- The track guidance uses a transponder system
- Maximum velocity is 6 km/h
- For obstacle detection bumpers and laser scanners are used
Contact person: Sales AGVS
Götting Quick Guide Last updated: 04/2023
Götting KG founded in 1965, ist an innovative company placed in Lehrte near Hannover (DE) and works worldwide.The company develops and produces wireless data communication systems and sensors for automatic track guidance of so-called automated guided vehicles (AGV). As far as we are informed Götting KG has the largest product range of different components for trackguiding AGV.
Further main topics are traffic technology, RF measuring, wireless data communication in general as well as customized developments for car manufactureres, electronic- and radio broadcasting industry. Currently our company employs 90 professionals of which about 30 are experienced masters in engineering and are responsible for research and development.
The core competency of FOX – a special department of Götting KG – is focused on the automation of serial vehicles, especially for the outdoor area (trucks, pay loaders, fork lifts etc.).